You spent hundreds, maybe even thousands on your wedding dress only to wear for one day. Most likely, it took you several months to pick out and weeks of alterations and dieting. You don’t have to wear it for just one day! I’d love to give you five fabulous reasons why you should consider taking bridal portraits. I may be a bit biased here because every single one of my wedding collections includes a bridal portrait session(which I urge you to take advantage of). Here are five great reasons why you should partake in your very own portrait session.
1. A bridal portrait session is a great trial run for your wedding day. Normally your makeup artist will give you a trial, why not put on your wedding dress to see how the look will come together? During this bridal portrait session you are going to be able to see how everything comes together so if you don't like your shoes or if you don't like your hair done a certain way or you feel like your dress does not go with your veil, now is the time to make those changes.
2. Chances are you value photography. Purchasing a piece of wall art or canvas from your session is a great way to decorate the reception hall or your living room (I’m sure mom and dad would also like a wall portrait of their own).
3. I try to carve out enough time for photography during your wedding day but sometimes a bridal session during the wedding day can be a bit rushed. Having your session on a separate day means that you will have these beautiful pictures without the rush.
4. Aside from engagement photos, a bridal portrait session is another reason to be in front of the camera. It's just you and I in a totally calm environment, with plenty of time to get the right photos. Having a bridal portrait session allows you to be more comfortable in front of the camera on your wedding day.
5. Location! Do you have a specific location in mind? Bridal portrait sessions aren't limited to just one location. So many brides choose to photograph their session where they will be getting married but you don't necessarily need to be tied to that location. Let’s be creative!
Of course these are just a few reasons why you should have your own session. I always advise brides to bring a friend to the session to help out with your veil and dress. Keep in mind that the bottom of your dress may stain a little so be ready to be okay with that. Make this session your own by bringing props or something that you think might make the session special. I can’t to hear about your dream session!